The Advisory Body of The Weatheralls consists of a voluntary group of local people appointed for a four-year term of office. They represent the local community, parents, teaching and non-teaching staff.
Together with the Headteacher they are responsible for implementing the Government’s policy on education, including the National curriculum. Their responsibilities also include:
- Setting the aims and objectives of the school in consultation with the Directors.
- Determination of the educational vision and development plan of the school in consultation with the Directors
- Receive and note the annual budget for the school as set by the Trust Board and identify any risks that this may present in delivery of the school development plan and raise such matters through the Trust Board
- Review the overall schools staffing structure
- Evaluate the school performance along with the School Performance Committee
- Consider the quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment and Curriculum development
- Ensure that all children, including those with special educational needs, have access to a broad and balanced curriculum
- Listen to and report to the school’s stakeholder: pupils, parents, staff and the wider community, including local employers
- Undertake Advisory Body member visits
- Consider community engagement and any community development plans. Advise the Trust Board of any local issues affecting the school
- Review strategic developments and advise the Trust Board on value for money decisions
The current Advisory Body comprises the following members:
Lisa Radcliffe (Headteacher)
Joshua Schunmann (Chair / Finance Lead)
Anne Bevan (Vice Chair /Health & Safety Lead / PE Lead /Achievement Lead /Child Protection Lead)
Lisa Fidler (Teaching & Learning Lead / SEN Lead)
Kirsty Lofts (Behaviour & Ethos Lead)
To contact any member of the Advisory Body, please contact the school office.