Weatheralls shown to be good in recent Ofsted
1st June 2014
The results from the recent offsted inspection have been received today by the school. Copies have been sent home to all parents. The main points of the report are:
- Pupils behaviour is good and sometimes outstanding in lessons and around the school
- The school’s work to keep pupils safe and secure is good. As a result pupils say that they feel safe at school and very well cared for by staff. They (the children) remarked ‘all adults sort out any situation you get into’ and that this included issues which took place out of school
- Teaching has improved and is now securely good, with some that is outstanding…. Where teaching is particularly effective pupils are absorbed by what they are learning and make rapid progress
- Pupils with special educational needs make good progress because of effective teaching and the high quality support and guidance provided by teaching assistants
- Pupils achievement is rising because teaching is improving and because they are keen to learn and work positively together to develop their skills
- Strong leadership has brought about considerable improvement since the last inspection
- The school’s own view of its performance is accurate and realistic and it has written detailed action plans to ensure that it continues to improve
- The governing body makes a marked contribution to the success of the school.
The full report and covering letter are available below.
We will now continue to develop the opportunities for the children here at Weatheralls, building on the successes we have already had.